What you should know:
– The first application is called Clinical Evidence Manager, developed in collaboration with Duke Health, WVU Medicine and other healthcare organizations, to provide a holistic view of all research projects to improve the quality of an institution.
Streamline the search process
Providers are continually involved in evidence-based research initiatives in an effort to improve the quality of patient care in their organizations, but these initiatives are often time-consuming, disorganized, and inefficient. Lack of communication between departments, different levels of research experience and switching between computer systems are all common problems. Clinical Evidence Manager aims to streamline the entire research process and ultimately shorten the cycle between the identification of clinical problems and the implementation of clinical solutions based on the latest medical evidence.
Key Features of the Ovid Synthesis Clinical Evidence Manager
Ovid Synthesis Clinical Evidence Manager was developed in collaboration with Duke Health and the West Virginia University Health System (WVU Medicine), among other leading healthcare institutions. The expert solution streamlines the review of the literature and the process of evaluating evidence with artificial intelligence (AI), increases communication and collaboration between departments, and facilitates implementation decisions.
The solution supports a number of stakeholders with different levels of research experience through easy-to-use tools and features, such as:
– Executive and project-level scorecards provide real-time visibility into an institution’s projects
– Standardized workflows with configurable templates to reflect the best practices of the organization
– Integrated literature search directly within the system eliminates switching between windows
– Collaborative tools to promote team members’ interaction between sites help reduce costs and deadlines
– Integrated literature evaluation with configurable evaluation forms and AI-driven functions to increase process efficiency
– Automatic generation of project results documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint formats, including dynamically generated evidence tables
“Evidence-based research initiatives in health systems are key to improving patient outcomes and financial performance, but these programs take a long time and make it difficult to present and implement new evidence efficiently. clinical practice, “said Vikram Savkar, senior vice president and CEO, Medical Segment, Health Learning, Research and Practice Business at Wolters Kluwer. “Following a pandemic that exposed the weaknesses of our current delivery system, we are launching a major evidence-based practice (EBP) workflow solution that aims to improve the cycle between the identification of clinical problems and the implementation of evidence-based clinical solutions “.