Table of contents[Hide][Show]
I am a big fan of seafood for its many health benefits and shrimp is one of my favorites. I love finding new ways to use it shrimp in easy and healthy meals (and you know how much I love quick and easy meals!). This prawn poblano taco recipe checks all my boxes. It’s easy to make, but has many different flavors and feels like a special restaurant meal. I love doing it on busy weekday nights, when everyone is tired, but we want to eat something delicious.
Healthy tacos to win!
Tacos are the favorite of many (including my family!), So it is imperative to create healthy tacos. The tacos are pretty easy to upgrade. I use healthy cooking oil (such as coconut, avocado or olive oil) instead of poor quality vegetable oils.
I also use healthy meat from healthy animals (we often get it from Wellness Meats).
Spices and vegetables that go with tacos are always a healthy choice, so there’s nothing to change.
Finally, tortillas are usually the hardest to upgrade. Since we don’t eat grains, I usually use lettuce wraps, a grain-free tortilla like these, or I make homemade omelettes.
How to make Tacos Poblano de Gambes
As I mentioned, these tacos are incredibly easy to make. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside (this will help the flavors blend together).
- Mix the cream ingredients and set aside (again, to melt the flavors).
- Cook prawns with condiments and vegetables.
- Whisk tacos and cover with sauce and cream.
They are so easy to make that my kids often help cook the prawns and assemble the tacos. It is a perfect recipe for chefs who do not yet have the necessary skills to prepare more advanced dishes.
Do you love tacos? Recipes inspired by tacos
One of my favorite things about tacos is that they can be very versatile. Change some ingredients and have a whole new (and delicious) meal. Here are some tacos recipes to try:
- Tex-Mex lettuce wrap tacos – This recipe is incredibly simple and you can change it by adding different ingredients.
- Taco Scramble – This recipe adds the flavor of tacos to a simple stir. It is ideal for breakfast or dinner and includes many fresh vegetables.
- Fish Taco Salad – If you avoid grains, this recipe is an easy way to get the flavors of fish tacos without omelettes.
- Fish tacos on cabbage leaves – Another option is to serve fish tacos on cabbage leaves. Cabbage has many nutrients, so they are a great alternative to grain omelettes.
- Mexican bowls of beef and rice – Another simple recipe, this one is great when you don’t want to worry about omelettes or lettuce wraps. This is cooked in the instant pot and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Chicken party salad – Salads are a great way to get the flavors of tacos without the mess. This is delicious with homemade guacamole and can be easily made into a stick jar to eat on the go.
While these recipes are as simple as they sometimes are, sometimes I don’t have the time or energy or to eat easily. If I feel like tacos, but don’t have the time or energy, I prepare a quick Mexican-inspired leftover meal. I’ll throw in a little homemade tacos condiment top leftover chicken or beef and cover a salad with the meat and a little avocado. It’s delicious!
Prawn Poblano Tacos with Kiwi Sauce
Lime prawns with chili with poblanos and onion served in omelettes with kiwi sauce and lime cream.
To make the kiwi sauce
Make the sauce by mixing 2 tablespoons diced onion, tomatoes, kiwis, juice of half a lime, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Make the lime cream by mixing the juice from the other half of a lime and the sour cream.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the rest of the onion and the poblano pepper.
Fry for about 10 minutes until the onions are soft and the poblano begins to brown.
Add the shrimp and chili lime condiments.
Cook for about 8 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.
Serve them in omelettes covered in sauce and cream.
Try serving them as lettuce wraps if you don’t make omelettes.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 15g | Saturated fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1483IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Kicks: 236mg | Iron: 3mg
Do you like a good prawn taco? What is your favorite way to make them?