If you’re hoping to conjure up the best memories of your favorite Caribbean vacation, look no further than this amazing coconut mojito recipe. Assemble one of these easy and refreshing cocktails in minutes, and you’ll remember the breezes of the islands and tropical seas.
Like a classic mojito, this version is filled with sweet lime juice and cake, plain syrup, mint and rum. However, it is the addition of coconut cream this takes you to a whole new level!
A coconut mojito is a creamy, light and refreshing cocktail that is filled with the flavor of summer.
While I won’t eliminate the classic melody of piña colada, I will do my best to encourage you to try this amazing coconut mojito. They are the best parts of your favorite lime and mint classic mojito flavors, combined with the creamy joy of sweetened coconut like a strained pineapple.
Honestly, I’m not the big fan of a piña colada, as much as I love this song. They are a little too sweet for me! But this cocktail? It’s perfection, with the perfect blend of sweetened creamy coconut and lime pie.
The good news is that you don’t have to choose. I bring you a series of all the best flavors of mojito. Which one will you start with?
Why will you love this cocktail?
- Light and creamy, but not too thick or sweet
- Remember a Caribbean vacation
- Easy to make in a glass or jug
- A perfect summer cocktail
Coconut Mojito Ingredients
- Coconut cream – You can find it in the juice or beverage section of your local supermarket or here. It’s a creamy coconut blend that’s perfect for mixing with pineapple coladas and all your favorite tropical cocktails.
- Files – Fresh will give you the brightest citrus flavor.
- Mint – It will make any type of mint, but green mint is always the favorite. Or your local garden store can bring a variety called “mojito mint,” always a fun addition.
- Sweetener – Mojitos need sweetness to balance the files. Use a simple syrup, white granulated sugar, raw sugar or sugar cubes.
- White rum – Use white rum, silver rum and light rum, or try a coconut rum as follows. You can learn more about best rum for mojitos here!
- Refreshing water Club soda or sparkling water adds a little bubble to this refreshing cocktail.
- Be skinny – Replace dietary lime and lime soda with simple syrup and club soda to reduce calories.
- Less sweet – Remove the simple syrup to make your coconut mojito less sweet.
- Coconut rum – I usually suggest a classic, simple white rum for mojitos. However, in this coconut mojito recipe, coconut rum is perfection.
- Make one Mojito Float – Just add a ball of Lime sorbet to your cocktail to get the best cocktail + dessert combo!
- Shaker or Stirrer
How to Make a Coconut Mojito in Four Easy Steps
- Mudle – Combine lime, mint and sugar or simple syrup in a shaker and mix to release juices and flavors.
- Filter – Strain over a glass of cocktail.
- To – Add coconut cream, rum, ice and refreshing water. Stir.
- Adorn – To serve, garnish with lime wedges and mint sprigs.
How to make a pitcher (for 8 people)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups mint leaves, lightly packaged (reserve several to garnish)
- 1/2 cup plain syrup
- 4 files, divided into wedges
- 4 cups ice
- 1½ cups of white rum or coconut
- 4 cups club soda or sparkling water
Make it Frozen
- Mudle – Mudle lime and mint.
- Puree – Mix coconut cream and ice on the food processor.
- Combine – Add rum, syrup or simple sugar, club soda and coconut / gel puree.
- Add gel – If you want it looser, mix more ice and add.
- Adorn – Garnish with a wedge of lime and a sprig of mint.
- Frame glasses – Pass a wedge of lime over the edge of the glass. To line the glass, dip the edge in a plate filled with white granulated sugar.
- Adorn – A slice of lime and a sprig of mint to garnish makes this cocktail beautiful i very good!
- Use Fresh Mint – So much difference in taste and fragrance. You can find it in your local supermarket or better yet, why not grow your own? Learn how to create an interior hanging herb garden.
- Use Fresh Limes – To get the best possible taste, you should use fresh limes. Its natural acidity perfectly balances fruit and sweeteners.
- Shake – A shaker can be a fun change. It’s a little more formal to shake or stir the mojito.
- Balance – Not all mojitos are the same, and it’s great! Experiment with the amount of mint, lime, fruit, rum and sweetener until the mojito is the perfect mix you.
Do you want to enlarge, lower or replace? You will love this print Measurement conversion chart!
- Make one simple syrup go ahead, so it’s ready when you need it. You can store it in the fridge for up to a month. You can also use plain syrup or white granulated sugar bought in the store to save time.
- Try one juice attachment for your KitchenAid kitchen mixer if you usually squeeze as many lemons and limes as we do!
Frequently asked questions
This coconut mojito is not exactly a light and healthy cocktail! It is meant to be savored and savored as a dessert and has an amount of less than 500 calories per serving.
Still, it’s easy to lighten it up a bit. Change lime juice, plain syrup and club soda to get a lime lime soda as a diet flac mojito and eliminates a lot of calories!
Conjure up memories of your favorite Caribbean vacation with this amazing coconut mojito recipe. Assemble one of these easy and refreshing cocktails in minutes, and you’ll remember the breezes of the islands and tropical seas.
Prevent the screen from darkening
Muddle: combines limes, mint and sugar or simple syrup in a shaker and mix to release juices and flavors.
Strainer – Strain over a glass of cocktail.
Pour – Add coconut cream, rum, ice and water with soda. Stir.
Garnish: To serve, garnish with lime wedges and mint sprigs.
- Use Fresh Mint – It will make all the difference in the taste of your mojitos.
- Use Fresh Limes – You can use packaged lime juice, but it will not approach the taste of fresh limes.
- If you don’t have a traditional muddler, that’s fine! Instead of a classic mojito clay, try using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Play with the ingredients until you get exactly what you want. Try using more or less lime or syrup, etc.
Calories:483kcalCarbohydrates:70gProtein:1gFats:12gSaturated fat:11gSodium:75mgPotassium:53mgFiber:3gSugar:65gVitamin A:38IUVitamin C:10mgKicks:21mgIron:1mg