Maybe you can really have it all! Fancy a mojito and a margarita at the same time? Try this fabulous tequila mojito for a fresh, mint flavor from your favorite cocktails combined.
With all the sweetness of a mojito and a refreshing bite of lime and tequila, this is a cocktail to savor and savor throughout the summer.
When you’ve mastered the fine arts of a classic mojito or margarita, the sky is the limit. While these two cocktails are similar in their sour, lively taste of freshly squeezed lime juice, there are also differences.
A margarita it is filled with the sour and sour taste of lime juice, balanced by the clean, refreshing taste of tequila. The sweetness is secondary, it just aims to perfectly balance the pie bite of the lime juice.
In a mojito, there is still a lot of lime juice. However, it is usually a little sweeter and ends with some bubbles. The rum in a mojito is naturally sweeter than tequila, which makes this cocktail a little less agricultural overall.
Luckily, you can really enjoy the best of both worlds. Although a mojito is traditionally made with white rum, you can take it all in with this cocktail.
Try one vodka Mojito, a Gin Mojito, or even a Virgin Mojito to make a fresh spin. I have an amazing summary of mojito recipes that I know you will love.
Very similar to mine Margarita Menta, this cocktail is a fun twist on a classic. We use our bartender skills and combine a new favorite.
Why will you love this cocktail?
- Deliciously Minty
- Easy to take
- Easy to make one or a whole jar.
Tequila Mojito Ingredients
- Tequila – Learn more about tequila Tequila Guide. I like a light and high quality white or silver tequila for this cocktail.
- Files – Fresh lime juice is always best, but you can make a shortcut with a bottle of lime juice if you have little time.
- Mint – Fresh mint leaves are a must for any good mojito.
- Simple syrup – Shop bought or home simple syrup add a touch of sweet flavor to this cocktail. To make it from you, just equal parts of sugar and water dissolve in a saucepan over medium heat. You can also substitute white granulated sugar or sugar cubes if you prefer.
- Refreshing water Club soda or sparkling water adds a little bubble to this refreshing cocktail.
Variations of a Mojito with Tequila
- Add a fruit puree – Strawberry, raspberry, nabiu, pineapple, coconut i watermelon lend themselves to this summer cocktail.
- Make one Flac Mojito – Reduce calories without sacrificing flavor. Replace the lime and lemon soda with a simple soda and club soda.
- Make one Mojito Float – Add a ball of Lime sorbet to your tequila mojito to enjoy the best gift for adults!
The best Tequila for Mojitos
The secret to a great margarita or tequila mojito is often found in excellent quality tequila. However, you don’t have to spend a fortune to find a great one.
- Don Julio Blanc
- Silver Pattern
- Alts Tequila Plata
- Camarena silver tequila
- Casamigos Blanc
- Try a shaker to get a more formal way to stir and stir.
- The joy of this simple recipe is that you can experiment to find your ideal version of sweet, mint and citrus. Play with the ingredients to find your perfect mix.
- If you like a little more lime (or more tequila), this is great! Less syrup or sugar, it also works great … do it according to your personal preferences after experimenting a bit!
Do you want to enlarge, lower or replace? You will love this print Measurement conversion chart!
- Lime juice bought in the store – Make sure you purchase fresh squeezed lime juice in the juice or produce aisle (not sweetened lime juice in the liquor aisle).
- Simple syrup bought in the store – Simple syrup it’s so quick and easy to make, but if you prefer, you can shop at the aisle / liquor store.
How to serve
- Bar Mojito – Add fresh mint, rum, club soda or sparkling water and fresh fruit to create a mojito bar.
- In a jar: Add a couple of fresh mint sprigs to a jar full of ice and mojitos.
- In a glass: fill it with ice, a sprig of mint and lime wedges or a slice of lime on the edge. Optional: Border the glass with sugar by rubbing a lime over the edge. Dip them in a shallow sugar bowl.
How to store
- Refrigerators – Prepare up to 2 days before, cover and refrigerate. Top with soda or sparkling water to serve.
- Freeze – Make a frozen tequila mojito. Simply freeze it to make it soft. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
What to do with the remains
- Make Shrimp Tequila Mojito – Add a tablespoon of oil and use the mixture (no soda) as a marinade!
- Make Tequila Mojito Chicken: Add 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup oil and chopped garlic to make a mojito chicken marinade.
How to make a pitcher (for 8 people)
- 1 pound of raspberries
- 1 bunch of fresh mint (discard the stems – 50-60 mint leaves)
- 4 files, divided into wedges
- 4 cups ice
- 1 cup single syrup
- 12 ounces of tequila
- 4 cups club soda or sparkling water
Make it Frozen
Same ingredients … just mix with 3-4 cups of ice as follows.
- Squeeze – lime juice and remove the mint leaves from the stems.
- Puree – Mix more frozen fruit (if you want, no need!) + Ice in the food processor.
- Combine – Add tequila, club soda and simple syrup.
- Add gel – If you want it looser, mix more ice and add.
- Adorn – Decorate with a wedge of lime, a sprig of mint.
Feeling hungry for easier recipes? Sign up for mine free recipe club and receive amazing recipes right in your inbox every week.
Fancy a mojito and a margarita at the same time? Try this fabulous tequila mojito for a fresh, mint flavor from your favorite cocktails combined.
Prevent the screen from darkening
- Use Fresh Mint – It will make all the difference in the taste of your mojitos.
- Use Fresh Limes – You can use packaged lime juice, but it will not approach the taste of fresh limes.
- If you don’t have a traditional muddler, that’s fine! Instead of a classic mojito clay, try using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Play with the ingredients until you get exactly what you want. Try using more or less lime or syrup, etc.
Calories:219kcalCarbohydrates:34gProtein:1gFats:1gSaturated fat:1gSodium:51mgPotassium:91mgFiber:1gSugar:30gVitamin A:229IUVitamin C:11mgKicks:34mgIron:2mg