Northern Care Alliance NHS FT experiencing IT disruption


The Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust has confirmed it has been experiencing “disruption and instability issues” with some of its IT systems.

The trust has stated that it has been experiencing problems since 18 May 2022 with a number of its hospital sites effected.

An investigation by Northern Care Alliance’s digital team and the technology providers is currently underway. While details surrounding which systems have caused the problems, according to Digital Health Intelligencethe newly renamed Altera Digital Health is the trust’s EPR provider while its PACS system is powered by Sectra.

In a statement, Dr Chris Brookes, deputy CEO and chief medical officer for the Northern Care Alliance NHS Trust said that “all patient records and personal data held by the NHS and trust remain secure and unaffected”.

He added: “We are still working hard to resolve the significant IT issues that have been affecting some of our digital systems at our hospitals at Oldham, Bury and Rochdale, as well as North Manchester General Hospital which is run by Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust. . Salford Royal is unaffected.

“This means that our clinical teams are continuing to rely on our robust contingency plans for such critical incidents.

“Patient safety and maintaining essential services remains our priority. We are doing everything we can to fix the IT issues and to limit disruption to patients and our services. However, unfortunately some patients may experience some delays and additional waiting across some of our services such as outpatient appointments, diagnostic tests or scans. We apologize for this. ”

Those with hospital appointments, whether that is planned surgery or outpatients, are being advised to continue to attend unless they are told otherwise by the trust directly.

Furthermore, patients in the Greater Manchester area are being asked to ‘think carefully’ before visiting the trust’s emergency department.

“We would, as always, recommend that you contact NHS 111 or seek advice from your local pharmacy or GP,” Dr Brookes added.

Source link