The Israeli army attacked Hamas positions after saying incendiary balloons were thrown from the besieged enclave.
The Israeli army has carried out another night raid on Hamas positions in the besieged Gaza Strip after saying incendiary balloons were launched from the Palestinian enclave.
The Israeli army dit on Saturday afternoon he attacked a “weapons-making site and a rocket that belonged to Hamas.”
According to security sources and witnesses from Gaza, the fighter jets attacked the facilities in the west of Gaza City and on the northern strip, without any casualties being reported immediately.
– Maha Hussaini (@MahaGaza) July 3, 2021
There was no immediate indication of which Gaza-based group was responsible for launching the balloon, but Israel holds Hamas (the group that governs Gaza) responsible for any action.
“The strikes were carried out in response to incendiary balloons fired into Israeli territory,” an Israeli army statement said.
On Thursday, four small fires caused by incendiary balloons from Gaza were extinguished in the Eshkol region, according to fire services.
Israel retaliated early Friday with airstrikes, which the military said it attacked “a weapons-making site” belonging to Hamas.
The latest attack comes just weeks after the Israeli army launched an 11-day bombing campaign over the already devastated enclave, killing at least 260 Palestinians, including 66 children.
In Israel, 13 people, including two children, were killed by rockets fired from Gaza, police and the army said.
Saturday night’s raid was the fourth time Israel has carried out airstrikes on Gaza since the May offensive, which ended with a “ceasefire” mediated by Egypt on May 21.
Although Israel eased restrictions last month to allow much-needed aid to the Palestinian enclave, it has maintained a paralyzing land, air and sea blockade for 14 years.
The UN has described Gaza as an “open-air prison” with residents suffering from extreme poverty amid conditions that have worsened since the coronavirus pandemic.