*Brand Partner Content*
It is estimated that 2.8% of the world’s adult population suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD. That’s just the number of people who have been officially diagnosed with it, mind you.
The actual numbers might be a lot more. In all probability, if you take a self-assessed ADHD test, you might discover that even you tick most of those boxes. What is it about ADHD that makes it so prevalent?
There can be many causes for ADHD. While scientists believe that it’s primarily genetics, it’s still a very nascent field of research. There might be more causes. For instance, it was recently revealed that even consumption of alcohol during pregnancy can be a possible cause. Ditto with smoking.
There’s a more pressing concern to be addressed though. That’s the use of stimulants to treat ADHD. The first line of treatment in this case, is Adderall. If you are reading this, you already know what Adderall is and how it works. But there might be a few readers who are looking at this information as a caregiver for a close relative.
So we will touch on Adderall and why it is one of the most abused drugs in the world. Stay tuned because we are also going to share with you some of the best Adderall Alternatives that are completely natural.
We assure you that it will be worth the wait.
What is Adderall and how does it work?
Adderall is the brand name for a synthetic medication used for the treatment of ADHD. It is used as the first line of treatment for the condition. Only if Adderall does not work or causes dependency are other treatment options considered.
It belongs to a class of chemicals called Amphetamines. These chemicals are stimulants and work by stimulating the central nervous system (CNS), which alters the levels of certain chemicals in the brain.
As a result, you are able to retain focus on a single task until your CNS is stimulated. Once the effect wears off, you might find it difficult to focus on tasks anymore. Just like any other stimulant, Adderall will also increase wakefulness. If you take a dose late in the evening, you might stay awake until early morning.
Now, there are two reasons why it is prone to be abused.
- It increases focus – Who doesn’t need attention? We think that practically everybody who works in modern times needs every bit of attention they can get. We are surrounded by gadgets 24/7. Everything wants a share of our attention. When you are working, you get an email notification. When you go to check the email, your Whatsapp notification rings. When you check Whatsapp, you notice that your favorite influencer has just uploaded a new TikTok. You log on to TikTok and then unknowingly spend the next 10 minutes browsing through the feed. That’s a daily occurrence in every office in the world. So when you get you hands on something like Adderall that allows you to wear blinders and focus on a single task, its gold. Imagine what someone like Elon Musk can do with 3-hours of undivided attention. We are not suggesting that Musk uses Adderall. We are just trying to explain what focus can do for the right person. So everybody who wants to stay focused tries to get their hands on Adderall. That includes students too, who are popping Adderall pills like its candy. Here’s a study that reveals that Adderall abuse is increasing in the 18-25 age group.
- It is addictive – Adderall increases the levels of dopamine in the brain. This is like a ‘Feel Good’ chemical that makes everything around you feel great. If you are having sex, it’s the best sex of your life. You just want to go out and achieve everything that you had in your wish list. To add to this, it’s an instant surge of energy. You can use it for practically anything from workouts to studying to getting through the day.
What are the side effects of Adderall abuse?
What makes Adderall such a risky drug to anybody with the potential for abuse, is that the signs of abuse are so difficult to spot.
It’s not like a conventional addict that shows telltale signs of addiction. Adderall addicts can display a wide range of side effects and symptoms related to them. Hyperactivity, talkativeness, excitement, extreme mood swings, depression, sudden loss of weight, sleeping for hours at obscure times.
Unless the person reveals that he’s been overusing Adderall, most people would never be able to spot it. In extreme cases of abuse, people end up in the ER and the chemical even has the potential to permanently alter their brain chemistry.
If you log on to Reddit or other messaging boards, there are entire subreddits dedicated to helping Adderall addicts get out of the habit and regain their lives.
What are the best natural Adderall alternatives?
While we understand the appeal behind something like Adderall, the negatives far outweigh the benefits. Why would you want to risk with a synthetic chemical with the potential to permanently alter your brain’s chemistry, when there are safer, natural options?
We know that the general consensus is that Adderall cannot have natural alternatives because there are no CNS stimulants in nature. But that’s where you are mistaken. Stimulating your CNS is not the only way in which you can increase your attention spans. There are other bio mechanisms too that can help reduce distractions and allow you to gain razor sharp focus.
That’s what we are going to show you today.
Without further ado, here are our top Adderall alternatives.
#1 – Mind Lab Pro – Strongest Adderall Alternative
Mind Lab Pro first came into the limelight when we read about it in one of the biggest publications about alternative medications. Almost instantly, we thought that this is probably one of those OTC supplements that create a mild buzz in your brain and claim to be an Adderall alternative.
But we shot off a mail to the brand and we received a pamphlet with detailed information on the ingredients in it. We were pleasantly surprised to find every single known natural ingredient that has a positive effect on brain functioning.
It’s like a blend of every natural herb, vitamin, and amino acid and mineral that’s been proven to improve attention span, as well as brain functioning in general. To add to this, it also includes some recent discoveries that aren’t that well known in the industry yet.
What is Mind Lab Pro and how does it work?
Mind Lab Pro is an all-natural nootropic supplement that’s sold over the counter. It is designed to help improve cognitive functioning, increase motivation, amplify your drive, boost creativity and increase retention.
In other words, it ticks all the boxes that Adderall boasts of. But there’s a difference. Unlike Adderall’s stimulant synthetic ingredient which is now believed to cause permanent brain damage with long term use, Mind Lab Pro’s ingredients are 100% safe.
In other words, even if you were to use Mind Lab Pro for say 8-10 months on the trot, you will not feel like you’ve lost your memory. You won’t feel depressed or have extreme mood swings either.
In fact, the ingredients in Mind Lab Pro are neuroprotective. They enhance the functioning of the brain for sure by amplifying the production of neurotransmitters and increasing the speed with which these transmitters relay information. But they do not fiddle with dopamine levels. This means that you don’t get addicted to it.
What are the ingredients in Mind Lab Pro?
While we are in awe of the formula in general, one of the things that we liked the most about Mind Lab Pro is that it’s stimulant free. You are not going to have a temporary buzz followed by a sudden crash.
It’s a very stable and steady attention span that remains consistent all through the day.
Herbs are very underrated for their nootropic benefits, as this formula shows. Mind Lab Pro contains four herbs.
- Bacopa Monieri – Faster Information processing, increased memory and recall. Reduced reaction time.
- Rhodiola – No more mental fatigue and brain fog
- Maritime Pine Bark Short term memory boost and improved performance during strenuous tasks
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom. – Protects the brain against cognitive impairment
No Brain supplement can ever be complete without a blend of essential vitamins and minerals. In Brain Lab Pro, you get the following.
- The B-Vitamin Blend – Vitamins B6, B9 & B12 serve so many important functions that it would be impossible to list them all over here. But since we are talking about its positive effects for the brain, these vitamins help to lower the levels of Homocysteine, an amino acid that has been linked with early onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s. That’s not all. They protect the brain against cognitive decline and also increase the flow of blood to brain cells.
- N-Acetyl N-Tyrosine, L-Thenaine – N-acetyl-L-tyrosine (NALT) is a precursor to dopamine. We have already explained how dopamine functions. But unlike Adderall, NALT does not permanently increase reward seeking behavior. In other words, even with the dopamine surge, you are not experiencing the ‘high’ associated with it. L-Theanine on the other hand is an ingredient found in tea, which increases your focus in the short term. Think of it like a non-caffeinated coffee boost.
The Most important Ingredient
Cognizin is a concentrated form of citicoline or (CDP-choline), an endogenous compound that enhances the rate at which neural membrane phospholipids are produced. It is currently being researched as an OTC supplement to support Alzheimer’s treatment. Cognizin has a plethora of benefits such as increasing mental energy and focus.
How is Mind Lab Pro Better than Adderall?
In case you didn’t notice, here’s how.
- It’s all natural
- Every ingredient is backed by science
- It’s not addictive.
- It does not contain stimulants
- It will not cause any permanent side effects
- It addresses more brain function problems than Adderall does
- It is very effective at improving attention span
- It is neuroprotective.
What are customers saying about Mind Lab Pro?
Mind Lab Pro has top notch customer reviews all over the internet. That includes messaging boards, which are a goldmine of ‘real’ customer reviews. It is currently being recommended by some of the top reviewers in the ‘Nootropic’ Industry.
There are a lot of positive reviews from stressed out adults who were finding it impossible to focus with the invasion of technology and gadgets into their lives. Also, many people who were hooked to Adderall and Ritalin are now using Mind Lab Pro. That’s enough testimony for us.
You get a one-month supply of Mind Lab Pro at $69.00. The more you buy, bigger the discounts get. But what you need to understand is that this is not a synthetic drug that costs pennies. This is a powerful natural blend of ingredients that costs money.
Besides, the pricing is pretty much on par with most ‘quality brain supplements’.
Click HERE for Mind Lab Pro Latest Discount price at Official Website
Mind Lab Pro – Final Verdict
Give this a try! Can’t recommend it enough. We are sure that it’s going to help you improve your focus and retain attention even during the most stressful day. Most importantly, it’s natural and hence, will not cause any of the side effects that Adderall does.
#2 – Performance Lab Nootropics – Best Natural Adderall Alternative
Performance Lab Nootropics is another range of supplements that has been on our watch list for a while now. There are two reasons for this.
- It is manufactured by Opti Nutra, the same brand that manufactures our #1 pick, Mind Lab Pro. These guys are touted to be some of the best researchers in the Noo tropics space and have a fair bit of repute behind them. Moreover, they grow their own herbs and nutrients. More on this in a bit.
- The brand has a whole bunch of supplements that you can choose from, based on your goals. So, if you are looking for a stimulant-free buzz, there’s a supplement for that. If you are looking for just a stimulant, they have that too.
In addition to this, they have Omega-3s, Prebiotics, Vision supplements for Macular degeneration & MCT Oil. In this article, we will primarily be discussing Performance Lab Mind, their Nootropic supplement which is positioned in the market as a natural Adderall alternative.
What is Performance Lab Nootropics Mind?
Performance Lab Nootropics Mind is an all-natural brain health formula that improves the performance of your brain in the following aspects. It improves memory, focus, recall, ability to solve complex problems, response to stressors, reaction time, listening skills, retention and mood.
That’s an elaborate list, we know. But Performance Lab divides this into three categories of physiological functions that it is able to achieve.
- Supports Mitochondrial functioning – In case you were unaware, Mitochondria, the microscopic organs within the cells in our bodies are responsible for some of the most critical mental tasks. In fact most of the cognitive illnesses have been linked to mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Amplifying Cerebral Blood Flow – Did you know that studies confirm that blood flow to the brain is reduced in conditions such as ADHD? That’s why Performance Lab Nootropics includes herbs that can boost cerebral blood flow. Not only does this increase oxygen levels in your brain, it also improves a plethora of brain functions such as memory and recall.
- Supporting Neurogenesis – This is the process by which new neurons are produced in our bodies. With more neurons, the speed at which information, such as memory and learning are processed is amplified.
What are the ingredients in Performance Lab Nootropics Mind?
Opti Nutra is probably the only brand in the world that grows its own ingredients. At first, we thought that this was a fancy way of announcing their new ‘selected farm sourcing’ initiative. But that’s not it.
Opti Nutra owns NutriGenesis®, a cutting edge facility that grows vitamins, minerals and amino acids in a laboratory by simulating optimum conditions. The entire process is Hydroponic and involves live single-cell organisms, which produce these ingredients.
In other words, you can be rest assured that every ingredient in Mind is of top quality and produces consistent results. That’s probably the reason why Performance Lab Nootropics Mind only has four ingredients.
- Cognizin – We have already covered this in the previous review.
- Sharp PS – A natural, patented form of phosphatidylserine, which is a fatty substance found in Omega-3 Fatty acids. Technically, it’s a Phospholipid. But you’d be more interested to know that phosphatidylserine supplementation increases the speed at which you can recall words. Learning becomes effortless. Your memory improves. You are less distracted. All of these are clinically proven.
- L-Tyrosine – Powerful amino acid that’s associated with a bevy of hormonal functions. It produces Thyroid hormones, Dopamine as well as Adrenaline. The first two hormones are critical to brain health. In this scenario, it will help you with attentiveness. Do you find yourself absent-mindedly browsing the internet when you should be paying attention during a meeting? L-Tyrosine is what you need.
- Maritime Pine Bark – Covered in the Mind Lab Pro review.
These four simple ingredients are all that it takes to match most of the results that you get with Adderall.
How is Performance Lab Nootropics Mind different from Adderall?
Apart from the fact that it contains zero stimulants, here’s an overview of how Mind is different from Adderall, Ritalin and most other CNS stimulants for ADHD.
- It is not symptomatic relief. Adderall, Ritalin or any other ADHD Stimulant medication will only provide symptomatic relief. It is not a cure for ADHD. Performance Lab Mind, on the other hand is a more long-term solution that aims to improve cognitive performance and amplify neurotransmitter relay as well as production.
- It does not alter dopamine levels. We cannot emphasize on how important this is. You see, once you get a dopamine modulator into your system, chances are high that you are going to be hooked to it.
- Mind boosts the supply of blood into the brain. There’s more oxygen which amplifies neuron production. The attention span is not the only thing that’s going to improve. All aspects of your brain function will improve by leaps and bounds.
- It is non-habit forming. You can come off Mind at any time. Yes, some of the effects might dwindle. But that’s expected. What’s important is that it will not be back to square one overnight. You will have time to adjust and adapt to the change in your cognitive capabilities. More importantly, a lot of the effects will be permanent.
What are customers saying about Performance Lab Nootropics Mind?
Mind is one of the most well received Nootropic supplements not just by customers, but also by experts in the medical fraternity. There are customers who claim that Mind was recommended to them by their doctors. But we couldn’t verify this information.
There’s one review that caught our attention on Reddit. It’s by a war veteran who has suffered from extreme ADHD all his childhood. After getting hooked to Adderall and a plethora of other stimulants, he finally found Performance Lab Mind. He’s been able to wean off his stimulant usage by 70%. That may not seem like much, but it’s a huge difference. The best part is that he’s not noticed any difference in his attention span while using Mind vs. Adderall.
Performance Lab Nootropics Mind is priced at just $49 for a one-month supply. That’s incredible value. If you buy a 3-month supply, you get one-month for free at just $147.00. This is the best value pack in our opinion.
Click HERE for Performance Lab Mind Latest Discount price at Official Website
Verdict – With a trusted track record and some of the best self-harvested ingredients, Mind is definitely worth considering as a natural Adderall or Ritalin alternative. The customer reviews are top notch too.
#3 – Noo Cube – Best Herbal Alternative to Adderall
The last Adderall alternative that we’d like to recommend is Noo Cube. Noo Cube is a relatively new name to the world of Nootropic supplements. But the manufacturers, Wolfson Berg has an elite track record in Health Supplements.
Some of their bodybuilding supplements have attained legendary status in recent times. Besides, we were privy to a small unofficial test that was conducted on a bunch of overworked IT executives in Silicon Valley. These are guys who were possibly popping 8-10 Adderall pills a day. So when they were asked to switch to a natural supplement, most of them expected their performance to crash.
Instead, there was no difference in the performance for most. In some people there was a marginal dip in attentiveness. But that can also be attributed to the withdrawal symptoms rather than Noo cube being called ineffective.
So, we decided to take a closer look. After all, we want to ensure that we scrutinize every product under the microscope to weed out potential synthetic additives in them. Thankfully, Noo Cube contains nothing of that sort.
This is what we found.
What is Noo Cube and how does it work?
Noo Cube is a nootropic supplement that aims to increase the capability of the brain to process information. It was originally designed for multitaskers who juggle a million different tasks at work and at home.
But some of the ingredients are so effective at increasing recall and attention that it started to gain a lot of traction amongst the ADHD crowd on Reddit, who keep experimenting with natural alternatives to Adderall.
As expected, word got around and Noo Cube became one of the most sought after supplements for ADHD.
Noo Cube has a three-pronged effect on your brain when you take two capsules, which is the suggested dosage.
- It calms you down. But it’s not the lethargy-inducing calm. It’s a state of mental clarity that improves your thought process. We feel that this is one of the primary reasons why you don’t get distracted on Noo Cube. You just have a clear idea of the task at hand with minimal distractions.
- It improves the speed of neurotransmitters. Unlike Mind Lab Pro, which amplifies the production of neurons, Noo Cube increases the rate at which these transmitters relay information to one another. This is directly connected to the speed at which you process information. Please remember that this is not something that Adderall helps you with. If you would have experienced mind fatigue while handling 10 tasks, Noo Cube makes it effortless.
- It has dopamine precursors, which will amplify your mood. One of the symptoms of ADHD that unfortunately does not get as much attention, is hyper focus. While it does not have an official definition, you can find thousands of anecdotal instances on the ADHD subreddit about this. Noo Cube makes you a better listener. This helps counter the negative effects of hyper focus.
A combination of these three effects generally suffices to tackle most ADHD symptoms. That’s not all. Noo Cube also has ingredients that protect the brain against cognitive decline.
What are the ingredients in Noo Cube?
It’s a no-caffeine formula, which contains a blend of 6-ingredients. Some of these, we have already covered in the previous two nootropics. A few have been discovered only recently, which makes them exciting additions to this list.
- Alpha GPC – Also called L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, this is a natural botanical compound that is extracted from a fatty acid found in certain plants. It is categorized as a parasympathomimetic acetylcholine precursor. That’s a tongue twister, we know. What you’d be excited to know is that this natural ingredient is so effective at improving memory, recall and attention, that it is used as a prescription medicine for Alzheimer’s treatment in Europe.
- Huperzine A – This is a powerful cholinesterase inhibitor that increases neurotransmitter activity in the brain. It is also known to increase blood flow to the cerebrum, which has a plethora of positive benefits. One of these, is an increase in recall and attention spans.
- Cat’s Claw – This underrated herb from the Amazon rainforests is touted as the scientific breakthrough in Alzheimer’s treatment. It prevents the formation of plaque that accelerates brain aging. In the short term, this will amplify the rate at which you are able to perform even mentally exhausting tasks.
- Bacopa Monireri – Bacopa deserves a place in every nootropic supplement in the world. It’s immensely powerful in calming down frayed nerves and improving cognitive functioning. But it’s also non-habit forming.
- Oat Straw – Studies reveal that Oat Straw Supplementation results in increased cerebral blood flow as well as an improvement in theta electrical activity in the brain.
- L-Theanine & L-Tyrosine – Two amino acids that we have covered in the previous reviews.
If you take a look at that closely, you’ll find that it’s a very carefully selected blend. There’s the Acetylcholine precursor. There’s Bacopa. There’s Oat Straw that boosts oxygenation. We haven’t seen a more, well-rounded blend of brain boosting ingredients.
There’s no wonder that Noo Cube has fast become one of the bestselling supplements in the Nootropics space.
How is Noo Cube better than Adderall?
Firstly, Adderall is nothing but a stimulant. It’s effective, there’s no denying it. But it’s a drug with a very simple working mechanism. In comparison, Noo Cube seems like a supplement with multiple benefits, each one proven by science.
Here’s an overview of why it might be a much better choice than Adderall.
- It protects the brain against cognitive decline. Adderall on the other hand might accelerate it. We agree that research in this regard is insufficient and still in its infancy. But there are telltale signs that this might very well be the case.
- The mechanisms by which it works are proven and safe. It increases the speed at which the synapses in your brain connect and relay information. It boosts the supply of blood to the cerebral area. None of these are going to cause any side effects, either in the short term or in the longer run.
- It is perfectly suited for a variety of brain related symptoms. For example, if you find it difficult to retain information that you learnt during class, or recall information that you heard in a meeting, Noo Cube can help you. What’s equally exciting, is that it helps reduce the hyperactivity associated with ADHD.
- It makes you a calmer person with great mental clarity. You’ll be amazed at how effortlessly you are able to complete tasks, that you would have abandoned midway, a few weeks ago.
- It is non-habit forming. Even if you stop cold turkey, you are not going to have any withdrawal symptoms.
- The effects of the ingredients typically lasts for months, if not more. This allows you to take breaks from Noo Cube whenever you feel the need to.
What are customers saying about Noo Cube?
As we mentioned, Noo Cube is quite popular in the Nootropics community. There are people from all walks of life who are now using it as an alternative to CNS stimulants.
There’s also caregivers who are using it for their loved ones who are grappling with cognitive decline. Some of the best reviews come from mentally fatigued students and media executives who find it a great, natural relaxant.
It also helps them tide through the most challenging work days without feeling burnt out at the end of it.
Noo Cube is the cheapest of all natural Adderall alternatives. You get a one-month supply for just $39.99. There are more discounts when you buy in bulk. One thing that we really like about Wolfson Berg is that they always back their products with a guarantee.
In this case, Noo Cube is backed by 67-day money back guarantee. This means that you can practically try the supplement for 67-days and then return it if it doesn’t work as advertised. How much better can it get?
Click HERE for Noo Cube Latest Discount price at Official Website
This is the supplement for multitaskers. If you struggle to handle a bunch of tasks at work, try out Noocube. We are sure that you won’t be disappointed. The reviews are positive. The studies are convincing. It’s a reputed brand and there’s a warranty too.
Tips on Choosing the Best Adderall Alternatives
When you log on to the internet and look for Nootropic supplements, also called ‘Brain Pills’, you will be greeted with a dizzying array of supplements in fancy bottles.
Each one of these claims to have cracked the formula that makes them a perfect alternative to Adderall. Some of the claims these supplements make sound pretty convincing.
The question that you need to ask yourself is, how much of this can you trust? Here’s the deal. You’ve got to be careful. Just like any other health supplement industry, Nootropics is an unscrupulous one. There’s so much demand for these supplements that every brand out there wants a share of the pie.
That’s why we have created this brief guide that will help you separate the ones that work from the ones that don’t.
Normally, we ask customers to check the product label before everything else. But in case of Adderall alternatives, the brand takes center stage. Let us explain why. Making brain supplements is an expensive business. It needs a sizeable investment in the form of an R&D team. There must be funding for the research. There needs to be machinery and storage to ensure that the quality is consistently good. In some cases, brands like Opti Nutra go the extra mile and even grow their own ingredients. This gives you the assurance that you are buying a product that is safe and will work as advertised. There was a major cleanup in the supplement industry in 2015, when the New York Attorney General rounded up supermarkets and pharmacies which were selling their own brands of supplements. As expected the quality of the products were found to be subpar. In many supplements, the product did not contain what was advertised.
Do the supplements labelled as Adderall alternatives contain any ingredients that are science backed to improve cognitive functioning? That’s not all.
- You should also consider the bioavailability of these ingredients. A case in point is L-Tyrosine. This amino acid is phenomenal for boosting the levels of dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. But, it rarely works when used alone because of poor bioavailability. You have to pair it with N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT). It boosts the bioavailability and the two work beautifully in synergy.
- While analyzing herbal extracts, you’d want to know whether it is the whole herb or just an extract of a herb. For instance, Lion’s Mane Mushroom is effective when the whole herb is used. The extract is rarely effective. However, a lot of brands are guilty of pasting the ingredient on the label, when in fact, it does not contain the bare minimum dosage required to produce any therapeutic benefit.
- Beware of inactive ingredients in a nootropic supplement. These may be posted under various names. But a common label that’s used is ‘Other Ingredients’. These are generally fillers that are used to speed up the manufacturing process. The problem though, is that some of these are linked with some toxic side effects. Titanium Dioxide for example, is a coloring pigment that’s been linked to severe mitochondrial dysfunction.
The Best Adderall Alternatives FAQ
A lot of Adderall users that we have spoken to, have wanted to come off the stimulant permanently. But ADHD is a beast and it’s not an easy one to tame. It’s normal for people to be skeptical about a natural alternative for a condition that’s as severe as this.
So, here’s a brief FAQ with some of the common questions that we receive in our mail.
- How soon do these natural Adderall alternatives work?
- That depends on how severe the condition is. Most users experience positive results in about three days. But for the herbs to fully saturate in your blood and the aminos to take full effect, it may take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. You need to understand that this is not a stimulant. It’s a natural alternative.
- Are these completely safe and side effect free?
- Each ingredient is backed by multiple clinical trials for its safety and efficacy. The side effects, if any have been mild and temporary. In some cases, you may experience a mild tingling in your head as the blood supply to your cerebral area is boosted. This typically fades after a few days of use. Also, some users experience a mild fatigue when they stop using Adderall. But that’s not a side effect of any of these supplements. It’s an Adderall effect instead. To ensure that you do not experience any sudden side effects, we recommend that you start with a low dose and gradually increase it. This allows your body enough time to get adjusted to the supplement.